Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Two things following me

There are two things that have been following me for some time now.

1. The word ITHACA. No, seriously. sometime back I read a book and so overwhelmed I was that I named my blog Ithaca. But seriously, its getting a bit too much now. I was surfing the internet a couple of days back and found myself looking at the University of Cornell Ithaca Campus. Hmpf! Didn't know there was Ithaca City in the US! Anyways, I am sure there are lots of Washington's in the US too. So that didn't bother me as much. But seriously, yesterday I was reading a paper on policy making from my favorite journal The Lancet and as usual I was going through the list of References. And there you go - Ithaca!! No ways, someone please save me! What's it with Ithaca?

2. For the past two years I have been bumping into cancer afflicted individuals. A few days back, my friend tells me his brother is now a cancer patient - Hodgkin's Disease. He wanted some help - since he has always known of my involvement with cancer patients. That made me decide the need to write on cancer and cancer afflicted individuals that I have come across for the past two years. So a few of my blogs will feature that henceforth.

The second is well reasoned and easy to slove. But the first? Any suggestions there?

2 comments:

sachin said...

wel,ITHACA is a island in Greece and a college town in Newyork. So, I think u should visit both the places atleast once. :)
anyways,this word is very fascinating...

Shilpa Ramesh Maiya said...

yes, Ithaca is an island in Greece but its not a town in New York but in New Jersey...
Some day yes...I do intend to visit both the place, esp since they have been nagging me so much :)