Friday, August 8, 2008

What makes me 'me'

I’ve been wondering what makes me me. And while I was traveling down the memory lane I found a few things a few people told me that have shaped me in a number of ways. So I thought I’d just pen a few of the lines that I remember, although, I haven’t written who said it. I prefer to keep it to myself.

“Hope is a very bad thing, remove every bit of it.”

“There is light at the end of the tunnel.”

“Friendship is the best thing in the world.”

“Faith and hope is the worst combination you can ever have, I am happy because I have neither.”

“Har kutte ke din hote hai…yaar hum toh fir bhi insan hai…”

“Friendship is the best thing in the world.”

“Our days will come soon. And when do, there will be a bang, just like the one that probably happened during the Big Bang.”

“Whatever doesn’t destroy me makes me stronger. And whatever does (destroy me) helps me start afresh.”

“Only you have the power to make you happy/unhappy; no one else can.”

“Life is like a sine wave, after a trough, there will be a high, but then again, rest assured you are going down again.”

“If you want to know the true nature of a person, talk to his/her maid about him/her, you’ll know what he/she is – truly.” (And my mom says this!)

“Add some colour to life.”

“When you are walking on life’s road, you meet a lot of people. Don’t think about what people will talk about you because those who know you truly wont talk, and those that don’t always will.”

“A good man is as strong as the right woman needs him to be.” (This is actually a line from Shantaram, reiterated by a friend bringing the line back to my notice.)

“Never compromise on food.” (That’s my dad.)

“I don’t mind you spending on books; glean as much as you can from books, the knowledge thus gathered will remain with you – forever.” (My mom again)

“Humara number aayega!” (And that’s my best bud!)

“There are many ways of communicating.”

“Life is colourfull honey!”

"No one is perfect, you have to take the bane upon your shoulders to make that imperfect person perfect."

5 comments:

Vik said...

ha haaa!! Your dad is awesome!!! Definitely my philosophy!!! :D

-Vik

Shilpa Ramesh Maiya said...

:D
thanks a ton for leaving the msg Shendya!! :)

So looks allowing all those with google id to comment is helping me.

Thanks :)

Chaitali... said...

hey shil! u guessed rite!! u r added with these lines to my diary which has accompanied me here.:)

Shilpa Ramesh Maiya said...

@ Chai
I promised i wont disclose the names of the people who said these few things to me.... simply because a lot of them were said in special circumstances... and these people are very very special to me. And i have not written them myself. So you can simply write as 'copyright Shil's special people' in your diary.

love you. and hope you are wearing your many rings :).

shil

Chaitali... said...

yeah sweety!! those rings are a part of my personality :) my copyright :)
love u n miss u