Friday, May 2, 2008

Into Nothingness

Its been about 20 days now that I quit Ahmedabad and I am home. And I am bombarded with a zillion questions:
So, why did you quit such a good job?
Oh, well just this and that...
Didn't you like what you were doing?
No, I loved it.... I mean how many at my age worked on policy making?
And what are you doing?
Recuperating...
From what?
Oh, umm.. a lot of things...
And how are you keeping yourself busy, apart from recuperating of course?
Oh, keeping up with my routine early morning walks, I read, I write and yes I've given my time to Sabery, a PhD student here in my Department, I'm helping him write his PhD thesis. He is from Iran and his 'Eenglish' is not very good. I am editing his thesis (alas, I am not gonna get the degree!!). Apart from that I am very busy trying to be a good girl. That really takes up most of my time. I am cooking here (believe it or not - daily!!) trying to do the house chores, and mind you - I am still a novice at it! And a lot of other just this's and that's.
So how is life treating you?
Life always rocked me!! (pun intended!!) Life rocks!!
And what are your plans next?
Oh, apart from recuperating you mean?
Yes....
Pampering myself!!
Huh?
Ok, apart from pampering yourself?
A little bit of bumming around...if you know what I mean... and a little bit of this and that...
Finding another job?
MAD-O-WHAT???
So how do you feel about you current endeavor?
Fantastic!!Can you see my smile extend from one ear ot another?

2 comments:

k said...

hmmm, a good one... seems all the interviews you have been analysing are reflecting here too... :)

i love this part
And what are your plans next?
Oh, apart from recuperate you mean?
Yes....

Oh, apart from recuperate you mean?... :)

Shilpa Ramesh Maiya said...

Hey Kedar,
a correction is in order!! :)
Thanks :)