Sunday, December 23, 2007

25 and going on...

I turned 25 today. How does it feel? Umm... nice .... and old (especially after my friends rubbed it in)! 25, a quarter of my life spent well. Full of fun and joy. It reminds me of a song by Simon and Garfunkel...
"I was 21 years old when I wrote this song
22 now, but I wont be for long
And the leaves that are green turn to brown."

Anyways, I did the things that I wanted to do the most.

I got up at four today. Had a bath. Prayed. And was off to see the sunrise. I wanted to see the sunrise today. I had a feeling that it was like a blessing to me. I had to walk up to NCL to see the sunrise. The walk was pleasant. I enjoyed the moment when I joined my hands to pray, to the Sun God.

My Dad gave me the usual bouquet of red roses.

My mom gave me her usual set of blessings.

My neighbours, got me a gift. Felt like a kid.

Pooja gave me a boquet of my favourite pink roses.

Kedar gave me a very nice card.

I met a couple of old friends today at one of our favourite hang outs - Chaitanya. We had those awesome, huge, mouthwatering parathas. We had a lot of silly conversations and Patiala Lassi! We enjoyed to the fullest.

I went to my favourite temples here. Kasba Ganapati, Dagadusheth Ganpati and Ganesh Khind. What remains are Sharda Math, Guruji Talim and Tambdi Jogeshwari. I think I'll do that tomorrow. I feel light today. I decided to throw away a lot of the baggage's that I was carrying around. I decided to forgive myself for all the wrongs that I have done. Forgiving others is God's business... not mine. But, I did ask God to forgive others. While I was at Kasba, I reflected back on last year. It was a tough year, for sure. But I did put a lot in the box that is labelled 'lessons learnt'. I thank those people who came my way, to put a few things in the 'lessons to be learnt' box. It must have hurt me then. But it has helped me be a better person. I thank them. God bless them.
Now that the day is spent well....my mom's awesome godi paysa is waiting for me.

No comments: