Thursday, December 9, 2010

Year Three

Its been three years since I began writing this blog. Sure, I've been very irregular with my posts. I began writing when I lived in Ahmedabad, sometime in Nov 2007, as a way to pass time after work or during the weekends. It was a way to tell my mother a couple of my stories, the people I meet, work etc. That was a time when I never told people I wrote. I was in my closet. Over the years, I have had some of my friends read what I wrote, some happened to just come across it. I remember receiving e-mails from friends telling me that I shouls continue writing, be it good or bad. I take the oppurtunity to thank K, VS, G, CA, AC and others for encouraging me (you better know who the initials stand for!).

I began with the name 'Ithaca' for the love of a story (Since I am not adding links to this post, I suggest you go through the blog archive). But since the story remained incomplete I dropped the name Ithaca. Today, its just 'Tales from nowhere'.

I still think 'Knitting words', 'Cutting Chai' and 'Its Raining Men' are the best posts I have written. But the blog with the most comments is 'On the streets'. On a serious note, I also wrote '61 years and still counting'  which unfortunately did not get many comments, except from one great friend. 'And they lived happily ever after' was a post where I tried to write on how we instill notions into children and how reality is actually different. 'What makes me ''me' was a way of thanking my friends for being around and giving me lessons that I needed at during a particular moment. I am not sure what it means to you, but to me, it was a way of telling my friends 'thanks for being around and lending a helping hand'.

I didn't write very actively during the second year, I guess boredom caught me - I am not sure now, may be it was something else. I have never ever published my poems online, simply because I wasn't comfortable with the idea.Finally I shed my inhibitions and wrote '3 yardsticks' and the 'Shepard's Woes', but I am still not sure I am comfortable with the idea of putting up my poems on the world wide web.

Finally, the most interesting event this year: I went online with my paintings! And I feel fantastic! I have been a little slow on that front, yet - its still something.

At the end of three years, all I want to say its that between 2007 and 2010 - I still had to find inspiration to write. The only thing that has changed is my salary! So Keep reading. And a big Thank You.

4 comments:

k said...

Was that Nostalgia or Retrospection? Either way, it is always good to read a post from you. You do inspire others to write (or in this case comment!) Should I say, Keep Writing?

Shilpa Ramesh Maiya said...

I guess its nither!

Bhavna said...

The very fact that you ended up completing this post when you had left it long back does show something girl!

Question -- So, where can I get to see your paintings?
and ... whats with the name "Sakshi"? :)

Shilpa Ramesh Maiya said...

@ Bhavna,
I am amazed to see you here :) Thanks for passing by.
There is a link to 'Crayons and Felt Pens' on this post.
Feel free to check it out (and tell people intersted in art about it)